Domestic Violence Injunctions and Restraining Orders
You deserve to live free of fear!.”-- Richard Hornsby
Domestic violence injunctions can be obtained against:
- Any family or household member, or
- Any person with whom you residing as a family, or
- Any person with whom you have a child in common.
Do not live in fear of being a victim, obtain an injunction to protect yourself.
To obtain a temporary Domestic Violence Injunction, the required domestic relationship, as defined above, must be found to exist, and the court must find that there is an immediate and present danger of domestic violence. To prove that there is an immediate and present danger of domestic violence, you must prove you have been a victim of domestic violence or show reasonable cause to believe you are in imminent danger of becoming a victim.
In determining whether an immediate and present danger of domestic violence exists towards you, the Courts take the following factors into account, which are indicators of elevated danger, and thus reasonable belief that you are in imminent danger of becoming a victim.
- Acts or threats of violence towards petitioner;
- Attempts to harm petitioner;
- Family members or close associates;
- Restraining petitioner from leaving the home or contacting police;
- Prior orders of protection;
- Injuring or killing a family pet;
- Threats to use a gun or knife;
- Previous criminal history;
- Threats to kidnap or harm petitioner’s children; and
- Destruction of personal proper.
If the court enters a temporary injunction, the court may also order that the respondent not come within 500 feet (including that the Respondent stay away from the petitioner’s residence, place of employment, school, or other places frequented by the Petitioner); that the Petitioner be given exclusive use of the home; that temporary custody of any minor children be given to the Petitioner; and that the Respondent surrender any firearms.
Contact Orlando Injunction Attorney
Contact Orlando Injunction and Restraining Order Attorney Richard Hornsby if you are in fear of a family member, spouse, or boyfriend and you need to obtain immediate protection.
The initial consultation is free and I will respond promptly to assist you because you deserve to live free of fear!